May

38 weeks

me 38 weeks

hiya little man.

sun!  we had glorious, glorious sun this weekend!!  it was so nice to be out in it and to soak up all it’s warmth, even though we’re back to rain today.  Portland has schizophrenic weather patterns, you’ll see.  one day it’ll be gorgeous and warm, the next day it’ll be cold and wet.  one minute we’ll have sunshine, the next minute we’ll have hail followed by a true downpour.  I suppose all this rain we get makes me truly appreciate sunny days.

our camera picked a terrible time to stop working.  you have no idea how sad that makes me.  your Dad said at least we have iPhones with decent cameras, but it’s nothing like our SLR.  your Dad is taking it to the camera store today to see what, if anything, they can tell us.  if only it’d held out a few more weeks for your arrival…

speaking of… we’re so ready to meet you!  every time I feel you wiggle in there I ask you when you’re going to be ready to come out.  I actually thought I was having contractions on Friday night.  I felt a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen, but it only lasted for 10 seconds, came back once and then went away.  perhaps it was wishful thinking.  or perhaps you were moving your head further down.  I suppose I’ll find out today at my doctors appointment if all that walking I’ve been doing has helped make any progress.  last week I was 1cm dilated.

just two weeks from your due date, little man.  we’re ready when you are.

xo mom

Comments:

May

Chaucee said:

that’s so sad about your camera! hopefully it can get fixed with minimal cost. you definitely want to get some good shots of your little man! :D i hope the next update we get is with him in your arms!

May

rebecca said:

hey, at least the camera broke with (likely) time to fix it or get it replaced. heaven forbid it could have broken during labor! don’t worry. i bet you’ve got time.

May

I hoping so!! from what I’ve read online, it can take 6-8 weeks if we have to send it to Nikon. big sad face!!

May

rebecca said:

oh, i hope you don’t have to send it in! but if it comes to that i think i’d just go ahead and flat out buy a new camera. not the easiest choice to make, i know! but here’s why… some years back my husband and i travelled to turkey. on the train on our way to ephesus (an incredible, ancient city) the camera broke. we bought a cheap-o disposable at the camera shop just to save money, but the photos from the rest of our trip are nothing like the ones taken on our digital. in retrospect we should have bought a new camera in ephesus, then had ours repaired (we did have to mail it back to fuji) upon returning to oregon, after which we could simply sell one or the other camera and consider any financial imbalance totally worth it.

May

erica said:

Sounds like your muscles are practicing for the main event! Enjoy the sunshine. Time drags during the final weeks, and afterwards it’s like you can never catch up again!

May

caroline said:

you look so cute in your picture. and about appreciating sunny days when you don’t have it constantly is so true. it’s been sunny (and hot) for the past couple of weeks and I wish it would rain or at least be cloudy…

May

Afton said:

alyson…you are welcome to take the body of my camera since we have the same one. i have another camera i can use in the mean time. :)

May