31 weeks

31w1d1

I finished the zig zag blanket for our little man this weekend and I’m so so SO proud of it.  it’s quite possibly the longest I’ve ever spent on one project!  to put it into perspective, I used a fingering weight yarn so each of those 91 rows took me about 20 minutes to stitch.  I’m too tired to do the math but there’s a lot of love in that blanket!  I’m already on to project #2 and I can’t wait to share it with you.  I’ll give you a hint: it’s an animal!

it’s crazy for me to think that I’ve moved into the single digit numbers for weeks left until my guess date.  most of my free thoughts involve our little man in some form or another.  lately they’ve been about what color eyes he’ll have, or how big his nose will be, or will he have long fingers and toes?  I suppose I should be thinking about the things that need to be done in the next few weeks too like making sure everything {as well as myself!!} is ready for his arrival.  9 week or so left till we meet him!

31w1d2

Comments:

Chaucee said:

That blanket is amazing! That definitely has a LOT of love :D

Flora said:

this blanket is sweet! It looks great Alyson, well done.

LW said:

That’s 30 1/3 hours, Alyson. :) You must really love your little guy.

haha, that’s it?! ;)

franny.glass said:

that is gorgeous! an heirloom for sure.

debbie said:

your blanket turned out beautifully! can’t wait to see what you’re going to work on next :)

Siri said:

What a beautiful blanket!! That is quite the accomplishment and labor of love :)

Mar

Alyson, I’m so impressed and I’m in love with your zigzag blanket! The colors you picked are fantastic, too. I just started a knitting class last week and right now all I can do is a (wonky) version of the knit stitch. It still feels weird in my hands, but I hope to be able to knit something up before my little one arrives.

Mfree said:

Can you share the pattern for the blanket or if it can be found on ravelry? It’s lovely.

Mar

I really wish I had a pattern! I searched on youtube for how to crochet a zig zag blanket. here’s the video I learned from:

I’m pretty sure I started off with 200 chain stitches for the width. sorry I know it’s not the best, but I hope that helps!!

Mfree said:

I’ll check out the video. Thanks!

Mar

You look amazing!! And what an adorable little blanket… well done!

kendall said:

that blanket is beautiful & so are you!

rebecca said:

beautiful blanket. you should be very proud. great color choices. isn’t having a deadline (of sorts) so motivating?

kate so said:

beautiful. Love the graphic pattern.

I was so surprised at how fast the last 10 weeks went. I thought it would drag on and on, but it didn’t at all. One thing I can’t recommend enough is to make special time for just you and Levi. I understood D and I would have very little time together once the kiddo was born. And until Nelson gets a bit older we will only have family time. Thankfully, I feel like D and I stored up a little reserve to get us through.

Elizabeth said:

your blanket is lovely!
    have you picked out a going home outfit for your little guy to-be? Inquiring minds want to know!

dawn said:

i wish i could make things for my little girl! i’ve actually made it one of my goals this year to learn to knit and sew better so that i can make something just for her. i think the most special gifts are the ones made by hand. he’s a lucky baby to have a mother like you!

Haylee said:

I love your blanket! :D love the colors, admire the patience put into it!

Recmenace said:

I’m so excited for you! You look great. It feels like yesterday I was 31 weeks as well, but my wee one is now 11 weeks old. Time flies. I love the blanket! Wonderful job :)

Apr

Molly said:

Such an exciting time! xo