26 weeks

26w1d

26 weeks.  this week my iPhone app says the baby is the size of a hothouse cucumber.  that kind of makes me giggle because I’ve been feeling like a hot house lately.  my temp is running warmer than normal and I’m beginning to feel large {and a wee bit uncomfortable}.  I’m quite certain I can feel what might either be a little head or a tiny rump underneath my right ribcage.  I let Levi feel the difference between my left and right sides last night and all he could say was “that’s so crazy!!”  yea no kidding!  I still can’t get over the strange feeling that there is a tiny person inside of me.

I’m really excited because two friends just revealed that they are expecting babies!!  I have a friend who’s due 10 days after me, two friends due mid-July, one in September and another in October.  so many babies, I love it.   I suppose it’s that time in our lives!

oh… and I’m even MORE excited to be in a double digit count down.  98 days, little man.

Comments:

Kennedy Segler said:

Love you and I’m so happy for you. You look vibrant and amazing….

Mom said:

Hi Kennedy! It’s Sherilynn. I hope all is well with you!!

nicolle said:

oh that baby bump is just too cute!

jocelyn said:

i am also at 26 weeks! today a teenage boy politely offered me a seat on the bus. i didn’t really need it, but it was too sweet for me to say no. :)

Feb

so sweet!! I prefer to sit when I’m riding the streetcar – it makes some sudden jarring movements sometimes and I’d hate to fall. my belly is finally starting to poke out under my winter coat, which is pretty full and concealing. I’ve had a few people get up for me too! no teenage boys though. :)

kat said:

And where did your adorable dress come from might I ask?

Feb

I got it at Forever 21 last fall. and apparently it’s from their maternity line and I didn’t even know! I just saw it and was like, hey that looks like it’ll handle a bump!

Elena said:

Hi Alyson! So cool that I found your blog! I’m 26 weeks too! Expecting a baby girl May 16th :) You look beautiful!

Feb

What’s rare can sometime become popular too, one day. I’m expecting my first child. Don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl, but I’ve been in love with the name Olivia for 12 years. It was rare and beautiful when I first heard it, and I still love it. Though now, it seems like it’s one of the most popular girl baby names around!

Lauren said:

I can’t believe you’re 26 weeks, time really flies, it feels like just yesterday you were telling me your big news! You look so cute, enjoy these last few months it really is wonderful :)

Mom said:

You look great!! I’m so happy that you and dlb are so happy. Can’t wait to see you in person with “little man” brown. I should be doing my own countdown!!!

gillian said:

I love that iPhone app. I find it so funny each week how it describes the baby’s size in comparison to fruits or veggies (avocado, turnip, hot house pepper). I’m 18 weeks at the moment which is the hot house pepper phase :D